Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bucktown 5k Race Recap

A light drizzle greeted us at the starting line and the streets had some puddles to avoid but for the most part the cool temps were ideal conditions. My friend and I were assigned the A Corral, but it was a little crowded for our liking so we settled with toeing up to the line of the B Corral which worked out great. I let about 20 people pass me in the early going, but steadily started to reel them in as the race unfolded. My mile splits were as follows:

7:01
7:26
7:05

I gave myself a breather during the 2nd mile after going out a little quicker than anticipated, but had a lot left for the finish. During the third mile I passed many people from Corral A despite a 90 second head start. It felt great to be doing the math in my head knowing that as long as I didn't fall down I would have a sweet new PR.

I finished in 22:33 almost a full 2 minutes better than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment