Monday, June 3, 2013

Full Loop at Waterfall Glen

Sunday June 2nd.

We had a great turnout Sunday for a “Run what ya Want” group run.  Even my brother and his wife made it out so that was an extra bonus.  They are both training for the marathon as well, but we haven’t been able to sync up for a run.  Six of us stuck together through 6 miles and then we were down to four as the pace quickened.  I was trying out a new race day mix that included Gatorade and Red Bull.  That along with a gel at mile 7 had me ultra-focused and full of energy.  At the 9 mile mark, I tried to break away from the other 3 in the pace.  I finished the final mile in 7:15 minutes, but Dan was still able to run me down with his sub 7 kick.  Another great group run.  I’m going to shut it down the rest of the week as I prepare for the Allstate half this coming Saturday.  Looking to do get in one more quality work Wednesday morning.
10 Miles
1:32:04
9:12 Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment