Friday, May 24, 2013

Corporate Challenge Recap


It was a record turnout for the 3.5 mile race.  Some 25,000 plus participants plus spectators made for a lively atmosphere.  I was able to secure a low number bib that put me near the front with my fellow speedster co-workers.  The start is a slight downhill - that paired with some adrenaline put me off to an opening half mile of 3:40 seconds.  Everything felt great.  I conservatively slowed down my pace to an 8 minute clip for the next 2.5 miles before finishing with a flurry.  When moving fast, it felt like I was on a boat, in control, but not really.  I suppose I still had a little left in the tank, but was quite happy with the results.  It was a 14 minute improvement from last year when this whole running journey began.

3.5 miles
27:12
Pace: 7:46

 

Next race is this Sunday - Westmont 5k.  Going to try and crank it up another notch for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment